Norfolk, Virginia (Norfolk Naval Base)
Life in the U.S Navy is pretty exciting; with all the new places you get to see. If you have just received a PCS requiring you to move to Norfolk Naval Base you and your family will have a great experience there. Norfolk is a very charming port city adjacent to Chesapeake Bay. Almost more than half a year, weather is sunny here, making it an enjoyable place to live.
Housing in the Norfolk Naval base in privatized. The recognized Lincoln Military Housing company manages and maintains the communities in Norfolk Naval Base. Lincoln Military Housing serves a number of bases around the U.S and their communities are known to provide an exciting lifestyle.
Lincoln Military Housing in Norfolk is divided in to the following neighborhoods, with every neighborhood offering something different for the residents.
- Ben Moreell
- Castle Acres
- H Qtrs
- Norwich Manor
- Queens Way
- SP Enlist
- Willoughby Bay
- The Village at Whitehurst Farm
Features and Amenities
- Community Center
- Swimming pools
- Children’s Services
Schools Near Norfolk Navel Base
Although there are no on-base schools, but off-base schools are nearby and have are accessible easily.
- Norfolk Public Schools
- Virginia Beach Public Schools
- Chesapeake Public Schools
- Portsmouth Public Schools
- Suffolk Public Schools
Gas And Electric Utilities
All your gas and electric utility bills are included in your Basic Allowance for Housing. If you decide to live off-base you might have to pay the utilities separately.
When you live off-base you have a lot of options in cities around Norfolk Naval Base.
- Prices start at $200,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $745 for a 2 bed, 1 bath unit
- Prices start at $190,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $810 for a 2 bed, 1 bath unit
- Prices start at $240,000 for 3 bed, 2 bath residences
- Rentals start at $750 for a 2 bed, 1 bath unit
When you live off-base you have a lot of schools to choose from:
- Bay View Elementary
- Camp Allen Elementary
- Campostella Elementary
- Chesterfield Academy Elementary
- Churchland Elementary
- Azalea Gardens Middle School
- Blair Middle School
- Lafayette - Winona Middle School
- Lake Taylor Middle School
- Northside Middle School
- Booker T Washington High School
- Granby High School
- Lake Taylor High School
- Maury High School
- Norview High School
- False Cape State Park
- John Tyler Fields
- Portsmouth City Park
- Scotts Creek Park
- Chippokes Plantation State Park
- First Landing State Park
- Kiptopeke State Park
- George Washington Park
When you get a PCS order you should always try to make use of your permissive leave (up to 10 days) to visit and hunt homes. This way you’ll know about all the best deals you can avail.